a rant about my pain

RICE

Rest

Ice

Compression

Elevation

It won't work for all your injuries but should for your feet. It helps reduce swelling. Heat can actually increase swelling and aggravate an injury.

Did you try to tell your coach about your injuries. Repeated injury can cause permanent damage. I know from experience.

Get in the bathtub with a large cup of your favorite hot beverage and several bags of ice next to you. Slowly fill the tub with cold water, add the ice, drink your tea, get out when the ice melts. It is so painful to sit in the cold water, but it sure helps in the long run. Ice stimulates blood flow, making healing faster. Your body reacts to the cold by pumping more blood to the area to warm it up, heating has the opposite effect. When I did marathon training this made all the difference in the world.

Well I find when I do something strenuous, (sp?) that eating bananas really helps, along with making sure I am drinking alot of water. Another thing that helps is REAL salt. The kind you buy in the health food store that is actually a grey colour. It helps get the fluid right into the cells and works wonderfully...just a 1/4 tsp a day with a glass of water

Back in my hardcore jujutsu days, we'd joke that Sensei must have a candy bowl filled with advil on his coffee table.
My advice, take it easy for a few days, then do it all over again, you'll feel great!

There's an old saying "pain is weakness leaving the body"...Well they got close.....

Pain is the body saying "STOP!"

Soreness is weakness leaving the body. If you have a good workout you should be a little sore the next day.
PAIN means you broke something or something is about to give way.

First, You should go to the doctor to make sure you haven't done any damage.
At the very least, no running for a day or two and soak your feet in icewater with epsom salt dissolved in it for 15 to 20 min twice a day. I say ice water I mean cold water with a few cubes in it to keep it cold. DON'T give yourself frostbite!.

Also use a deep enough container to get the water up almost to your calf. about three inches above your ankle.

Quote:
Thanks, the coach just tells me to stretch which hasn't done much.
I won't give my self frostbite
tongue.png

I should probably stop running and go to the doctors.
thanks.

I had assumed that since you have a coach you would be stretching anyway......

A good rule if you're nursing a problem is to stretch at least a quarter or third of the time you intend to workout.

If you're going to run 5 miles (it takes me 50 min) I'd stretch for at least 15 to 20 minutes before running.

ALWAYS warm up before stretching!!!!!
Stretching before getting a little warm up is worse that not stretching at all. So get in 30 or 40 4 count jumping jacks or about 1/4 mile SLOW JOG. just to get the heart rate up and blood flowing in the muscles you intend to stretch.

After you run stretch for another 10 minutes or so. That will help to avoid lactic acid in your muscles making you more sore than you need to be.

Back
Top Bottom