A really poopy question....;)

max13077

Songster
12 Years
Feb 3, 2008
Fingerlakes Upstate, NY
I guess I'm probably fretting like a mother hen but it never hurts to ask. I let my three one plus year old hens out in the morning and they'll strut around the run for a minute. Then they take these humungo-poos! I'm not kidding. They're not quite the size of a tennis ball, but way bigger than a golf ball. They've been doing it for as long as I can remember but a particularly large one spooked me this morning.

Should I be worried?

mine do that all the time-once I thought one was an egg I forgot because it was in the shape of an egg-I had just put fresh bedding in the night before-so it was kinda hidden -I reached in to grab the "egg"....I leave the rest to your imagination
sickbyc.gif

As long as the consistency (fairly solid) and the color (brownish-tan-, as far as I know, with some green if they've had a lot of grass) is ok, then it's fine I think. One of mine lays these ridiculous poops sometimes. Occasionally, depending on what they have eaten, the consistency/color will change but only for a few hours or so. Any longer might indicate illness.

Back
Top Bottom