A Reminder About Updating BYC Threads

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurajean, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    I see a lot of people update their thread titles with "Such and Such Update: Page 6!" I guess maybe a lot of people aren't aware of this, but you can change the number of posts that appear on each thread page in your Profile settings. I did this a long time ago, so I get many more posts per page, making it easier to go through fewer pages. But the downside of this is when someone posts "Update: See page X", because my page won't display the same number of pages. It would be easier if BYCers wrote "Update: See POST #153". The post numbers are always the same no matter how many pages are displayed. This would make it easier to find the update for those of us who have our page settings set differently. I was going to put this under forum feedback, but that seems like that's more of feedback for the mods, whereas this is general feedback to other BYCers, so I thought this would be the best general place. Just a friendly suggestion to make finding your thread updates more easily! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  2. rebel-rousing-at-night

rebel-rousing-at-night Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:I did that too so I'm lost when someone says see update page so and so.

I'm glad you said something and I hope a lot of ppl see this. [​IMG]

To Updaters: It's important to put the post # please.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011
  3. Southernbelle

Southernbelle Gone Broody

Mar 17, 2008
    Virginia
    So glad you mentioned this! I have my page set to display 75 posts per page and I agree, I'd rather see Updates done by post number rather than page number.

For anyone wanting to know how to change your posts per page. Click on Profile and choose Display. The default is 10 per page, but you can set it as high as 75.

4. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Quote:I have mine set to 75 too, SO many less pages this way. So yeah, updates mentioning POST number rather than page number would be a lot easier to find! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by