A Roo, or not a Roo???

chicken jedi

Chirping
8 Years
Sep 20, 2013

We are new to this site and 5 months into chicken raising, and we LOVE It!!!! What we are stumped with is whether our little ones are roo's or girls?? The top pic is of 3 of our cuties, the one of the left is Peep, the middle is Rose (or Ricky :)), and the one of the far right is our cute Bootsie!
The second pic is of a Peahen/peacock that appeared one day next to our chickens (which will be a whole other question sometime ) but does anyone know the sex and if he/she is young or mature??
Third pic is our Polish, and again not sure if it is she or he.....the fourth down is Molly, who we 'think' is a she.....and the fifth is Speck, who we are wondering about as well ;-)
We would really appreciate any input from those of you who are more experienced in this realm of the chicken world!!!

Easter Egger cockerel.

Not sure, but "she" sure is pretty!

White-Crested Black Polish pullet.

Black Australorp or Jersey Giant pullet.

Easter Egger pullet.

We are new to this site and 5 months into chicken raising, and we LOVE It!!!! What we are stumped with is whether our little ones are roo's or girls?? The top pic is of 3 of our cuties, the one of the left is Peep, the middle is Rose (or Ricky :)), and the one of the far right is our cute Bootsie!
The second pic is of a Peahen/peacock that appeared one day next to our chickens (which will be a whole other question sometime ) but does anyone know the sex and if he/she is young or mature??
Third pic is our Polish, and again not sure if it is she or he.....the fourth down is Molly, who we 'think' is a she.....and the fifth is Speck, who we are wondering about as well ;-)
We would really appreciate any input from those of you who are more experienced in this realm of the chicken world!!!

In this photo, I see three pullets and a rooster. I'm not sure if you know their breeds, so I'll give you my opinion on the breeds. The one on the left is a Buff Orpington, the one one the far right is a Buff Cochin, and the two other birds look like Easter Eggers.

Sorry I can't help! If I was to make a guess, I'd say that "it" is a she, though.

White Crested Black Polish pullet.

Black Australorp, Black Orpington, Black Jersey Giant, or Black Java pullet. If she has yellow bottoms to her feet, she's a Jersey Giant or Java. If they are white, she's an Australorp or Orpington.

Easter Egger pullet. Very pretty!

I agree with BantamLover21 on the chickens.

You have yourself a Peafowl (I would guess a hen). She's one of the more unusual colors, such as a Bronze, Buford, or Peach. I am no expert on Peafowl, so you might want to post in their forum and ask for clarification. It's a shame you don't have a male (peacock), to pair with her, because they are easier to ID color on.

Back
Top Bottom