I was short on time and went to the chicken house to take care of their needs. I filled the water and feed, then went in to collect the eggs and give out the treats - 3 slices of bread. Entering the house I had the bread in one hand and an egg carton in the other. Upon seeing that I had goodies, my most mischievious hen promptly jumped up on my shoulder. Not wanting her there at the moment, and with my hands full, I dipped my shoulder to the top of the nest box and gave her a little nudge with my head. She stepped from my shoulder to the nest box. On top of the nest box was a plastic tray. She attempted to jump back on my shoulder and knocked the plastic tray to the floor. Well, the rest of my little drama queens started squawking, jumping and flapping around. One in particular tried to jump/fly up to the window sill, but couldn't quite make it. On her way back down to the floor she got hung up in the cord for the heat lamp, which was on. She came down with the cord and lamp causing the 250 watt bulb to explode resulting in glass, smoke and a brief amount of flames. With the flames quickly extinguished, I feared that these goofy birds would probably try to eat the glass. I tried to hussle them all outside. They didn't want to go. I grabbed the broom to sweep up the shaving and glass, and also to encourage the queens to park their backsides outside until I got the mess cleaned up. For every three queens I chased outside two would try to get back in. The more determined I became in getting them outside, the more determined they were to try to get back in. Of course the most persistant queen was the one who started the whole mess in the first place. Once I finally got them all outside I was able to clean up the mess. Glass from the bulb was everywhere: In the food, water, oyster shells - everywhere. So what's the point of telling you this long story? Well, there probably isn't one other than to reafirm that, though God may love me, I am his favorite target for a practical joke when he needs a laugh.