a second huduni

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by ga_goat, Nov 21, 2010.

1. ga_goat

ga_goat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Lowndes County Ga
    Question ,,, what can go through 2x4 welded wire and not damage it , and under a hen house door that is/was 1½ inches off the ground (no digging ) and drag 2 -2¼ month old biddies out of the house and up to but not through the fence (2x4) and stand outside and eat ¾ of each biddie ???????
    when I went out to let the chickens out this morning that is what I found , the drag track went from the gate to the parimeter wire ,
    whatever it is drug the biddies to the fence .
    I went to lowes this morning and got some concrete mix , dug out wnder the gate and concreted it up to ¼ inch from the bottom of the gate 1 foot wide , hope this will keep it out but what in the world could do that .
    we have no weasels , mink , or animale like them here just possoms and coon , owls , hawks , cats and dogs . maby a ferrett (weasel ) turned loose by someone gone wild . could they have been guilty ???? not having those wild here I couldn't venture a guess .

2. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    small rat? snake? i think a mouse is too small to drag a chick that large away.

3. bburn

bburn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2010
    Delaware, Arkansas
    I don't know but you better go back to Lowes and get some hardware cloth and put it around your pen. They...whatever they are...can't get through that....2x4 is not working. I have large sheets of tin from a roof lining the bottom third of my chain link fence and still worry about it. However, where I have invested in hardware cloth I don't have to worry.

How awful to go out and see that in your pen. I am sorry you had to go through that!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by