A Shoutout to Courtney, a Truly Wonderful Hen

Mar 1, 2023
Courtney was a beautiful, dark-feathered Barred Rock hen who I had the joy of purchasing on April 11, 2023. Although I have known of her and her sweet character for less than a month, I know that she had the kindest heart I'd ever seen. This hen jumped in front of a hawk to protect the weakest member of the flock, a tiny, young hen named Gertrude. After the hawk incident (last Thursday), Courtney has been acting lethargic and spending most of her time sitting puffed up in a corner of the chicken run. I had a feeling she would pass, but I kept hope in mind that she would make it. Turns out that hope didn't make much of a difference.

My girl's legacy will live on forever. She served as a beautiful role model for the five smaller hens. All this may sound corny - but I honestly don't care. It's true, no matter what anyone says.

I will try to post pictures and videos of my angel in a little bit. She'll be watching us from a better place.

Kuritsa

Courtney was a beautiful, dark-feathered Barred Rock hen who I had the joy of purchasing on April 11, 2023. Although I have known of her and her sweet character for less than a month, I know that she had the kindest heart I'd ever seen. This hen jumped in front of a hawk to protect the weakest member of the flock, a tiny, young hen named Gertrude. After the hawk incident (last Thursday), Courtney has been acting lethargic and spending most of her time sitting puffed up in a corner of the chicken run. I had a feeling she would pass, but I kept hope in mind that she would make it. Turns out that hope didn't make much of a difference.

My girl's legacy will live on forever. She served as a beautiful role model for the five smaller hens. All this may sound corny - but I honestly don't care. It's true, no matter what anyone says.

I will try to post pictures and videos of my angel in a little bit. She'll be watching us from a better place.

Kuritsa
So sorry she left you so soon.
:hugs

Kuritsa
Sorry for your loss, sounds like she was truly special.

Back
Top Bottom