A stable breed brown egg layer of commercial value - possible?

I didnt realise this- I thought production reds were synonymous with hybrid red. It appears we cannot buy that strain of Rhode Island red here, only hybrid hens or usual Rhode Island red.
Is there anywhere Europe or Europe adjacent that I could buy hatching eggs of this strain of RIR?
some sites say that production red is a red sex link, and are RIRxNew Hampshire, so would not breed true. I'm confused.
New Hampshires were bred from only using RIRs.

I didnt realise this- I thought production reds were synonymous with hybrid red. It appears we cannot buy that strain of Rhode Island red here, only hybrid hens or usual Rhode Island red.
Is there anywhere Europe or Europe adjacent that I could buy hatching eggs of this strain of RIR?
some sites say that production red is a red sex link, and are RIRxNew Hampshire, so would not breed true. I'm confused.
I don’t know where you would find those birds in Europe, but MysteryChicken provided the correct definition.

I don’t know where you would find those birds in Europe, but MysteryChicken provided the correct definition.
I wonder would it be possible to ship from USA? google says 3-10 business days shipping from USA to here, I guess if stumped up for priority delivery it would be possible to get them here within a week, and into the incubator.

I wonder would it be possible to ship from USA? google says 3-10 business days shipping from USA to here, I guess if stumped up for priority delivery it would be possible to get them here within a week, and into the incubator.
You'd have to go through the whole animal importing thing if you ordered chicks or eggs from the US , which includes getting permission, health papers, possibly paying for quarantine, ect

I don't know what the process of eggs into other countries entails. For all I know, they may wish to quarantine any hatching chicks for things
1.5 Some hatching eggs are required to be quarantined for a minimum of 30 days upon entry into the United States. Quarantine requirements are based on Newcastle or avian influenza disease status of the country of export.
Huh, I guess you’re right.

1.5 Some hatching eggs are required to be quarantined for a minimum of 30 days upon entry into the United States. Quarantine requirements are based on Newcastle or avian influenza disease status of the country of export.
Huh, I guess you’re right.
So far as I can see - if I've read it correctly I don't have to quarantine or anything. just have to keep the chicks on farm for minimum of three weeks after hatching.
our Govs hatching eggs import legislation: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/21e5e-import-of-animals-and-animal-products-hatching-eggs/

Back
Top Bottom