A story I think you might enjoy:

JenBirdRansom

Chirping
8 Years
Dec 23, 2011
Graham/Kapowsin, WA
I don't have any of these big birds but I have a funny story I think you will appreciate.

So don't hate me but my company takes foreclosures and cleans them out, does minor repairs, and puts them back on the market for the banks (through brokers). First we have to serve evictions and it's not terribly uncommon to have people planting "surprises" in or around the houses and really, who could blame them? A couple months ago I went with the sheriff to post notice on a rural house here in WA and what do I find when I pull up to the gate? 4 ANGRY Emus! I laughed so hard! There was ZERO chance I was gonna open that gate!! Neither was the Sheriff!! We just kind of looked at each other and chuckled. Legally we can post on the fence but getting within 5 or 6 feet of it made the birds go bonkers!! I wasn't gonna try twice and find out they could get over the fence so we left. Came back a couple more times and same thing...Emus on patrol. Called animal control (protocol) and they came to the house and stood there not really knowing what to do either. They catch dogs, cats, raccoons.....not GIANT ANGRY EMUS!!!

gig.gif

We finally made contact with the neighbor and turns out, it was HIS house and the guy with the attack emus was a renter. So we evicted the renter eventually and guess what he did....he moved in next door with the landlord!!! So now the Emus glare over the fence whenever anyone goes to the bank owned house. Chances that house will sell are pretty nil in the near, or far, future.

How funny would it be to rent attack emus to anyone facing foreclosure. Guarantee it would change the game!

Thought you guys might enjoy that....

(and just for the record I'm not the bad guy...I'm exceedingly compassionate and bend rules left and right for people...I am not a banker, not a lawyer, I have no political agenda here)

If I ever get foreclosed on, which is not likely since I don't have a mortgage, I am gonna put Stuart and Louis in the front yard. You guys won't know they are just excited about the possibility of getting a hug!

34566_eggb-3.jpg

34566_eggb-4.jpg

When you are a "stranger" and facing one of those birds there is absolutely no doubt in heaven or earth that it would totally kick your butt!!

The "Occupy" people have nothin' on an Emu!!
gig.gif

Well around here I have people walking the dirt road with their little kids and encouraging them to stick their hands through the fence to pet the emus. I had these signs made and put them every few feet along the fence line to protect us from lawsuits. That is one of the signs on the gate where Stuart is dancing. I even go out and warn people and they still have the kids stick their hand through to pet the animals. Strange.

34566_eggb-5.jpg

It's very odd what people encourage their kids to do. Ya wonder how they function with so little common sense! I've never seen an Emu that didn't have a Dirty Harry smurk and I'd swear they all say "Go ahead, make my day".

Your birds are really awesome though!

Back
Top Bottom