A strange appearance

Taylorc29

Chirping
May 10, 2020
Idaho
I live in the downtown area of a small city. In our neighborhood, I know of 3 other chicken keepers aside from me, and we're all very neighbourly.

Last night, one of the other owners (she has two barred rocks and two reds) came home to find a chicken had been placed in her run with her other girls.
She didn't have room for another and I had a spare temporary run set up from this summer when one of my girls was getting bullied, so now I have this mystery girl.

We've posted and posted but no one is claiming her. She's bigger than my easter eggers, but we might try to slowly integrate her after some quarantine time. Maybe she'll keep mine from picking on each other.

I've named her Gretta.
PXL_20210116_184437415.jpg
PXL_20210116_184449352.MP.jpg
PXL_20210116_184451781.jpg

I live in the downtown area of a small city. In our neighborhood, I know of 3 other chicken keepers aside from me, and we're all very neighbourly.

Last night, one of the other owners (she has two barred rocks and two reds) came home to find a chicken had been placed in her run with her other girls.
She didn't have room for another and I had a spare temporary run set up from this summer when one of my girls was getting bullied, so now I have this mystery girl.

We've posted and posted but no one is claiming her. She's bigger than my easter eggers, but we might try to slowly integrate her after some quarantine time. Maybe she'll keep mine from picking on each other.

I've named her Gretta. View attachment 2492464View attachment 2492467View attachment 2492470
That is very different. Sucks she doesn't have room.

That is odd in deed.
I wonder if the chicken was free ranging and traveled too far and someone pulled over and thought it belonged in her coop.
Glad she has a good home!!

That is odd in deed.
I wonder if the chicken was free ranging and traveled too far and someone pulled over and thought it belonged in her coop.
Glad she has a good home!!
Could be. She suspects someone dumped her. Their coops is visible from the road, but she might have wandered too far.
She's super docile and knows the sound of a treat bag when you shake it.

I've named her Gretta. View attachment 2492464View attachment 2492467View attachment 2492470
She might be a whyandotte.

Either way she's pretty, and I'm glad she's not wondering the dangerous streets anymore.

I'd kinda be mad about somebody coming on my property and shoving a random chicken in my coop. I like free chickens but with unknown history and all.....

Back
Top Bottom