a total blessing...!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by smom1976, Dec 12, 2008.

1. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    Ok so I have been working in the kitchen at church every wednesday for a little over 4 years cooking dinner for 150 - 200 people I have been working there with another woman about the same time we both volunteer there..

anyway her husband is a electrician.. they have lived here in pensacola for a very long time before our side of town was even developed.. and he has been an electrician here for all of that..

we had a wire blown when we were doing hurricane upgrades.. the guy stuck a nail through the wire...[​IMG]

I have not had plugs outside or in our bathrooms for a year...

I asked him on wednesday while we were washing and drying dishes at the end if he could give me some pointers to fix these plugs..

He was like.. I'll come and fix it for you... I said thank you but we cannot pay you so if you could just tell me what to do I will do it..

He said no I'll just come and do it.

He fixed my plugs.. I dont have to charge my toothbrush in my bedroom any longer.. [​IMG]

he just totally blessed us..

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

I love it when I can bless someone like that! I'm glad you got that blessing! [​IMG]

3. Ol'FashionHen

Ol'FashionHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2008
    The South
    YAY...I love to be able to helpout..of course I can't do much other than cook, clean, & sew. But ....I am a hairdresser so you should see the excitement on a teenage girls face whose parents do not have the money to pay for them to have their hair and make up done for prom when I tell them I will do it for free [​IMG], and when I'm done they are SHOCKED because they did'nt think they could ever look like a movie star....what a blessing for me to do that for them. And to top it off I take some nice pictures of them ( I do a'lil' photography here and there) because they will not have the money to have a prom pic taken. Happy girls [​IMG], fills my heart. So kudos to that fella for being so nice.

4. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    that is awesome. i feel so blessed that i don't know what to do sometimes!

make that guy some cookies! [​IMG]

if everyone shared their talents, it be amazing what we'd get done!

5. Possumpoint

Possumpoint Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2008
    Awww, that is so cool! I second the cookie idea [​IMG]

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    Gosh, it is refreshing to read a thread like this. I am so SICK AND TIRED of these non-believers forcing it down our throats and trying to make sense of their ridiculous thoughts. I barely come to this sight anymore and that is unfortunate because I love it.

I also agree on the cookies.

7. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Woo-hoo! Good for you [​IMG]. That's wonderful.

8. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    Yeah..........it fills the heart when you can do something for nothing, other than to make another person happy.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by