A university or North America based lab that specializes in poultry issues?

Dudu

Songster
8 Years
Jul 20, 2011
Ħal Luqa, Malta
Dear all,

I am getting a bit desperate so wanted to ask - although I am based in Europe and there are labs here, maybe you can recommend a vet, or a university or a lab based in the USA or Canada that I could send samples to? Some of my birds keep getting really weird mouth lesions that just don't react to any antibiotics or topical treatment that we use. It's a really weird situation and I am getting tired of it because usually they eventually pass away as the lesions fill their mouth/throat (and no, it doesn't seem to be canker, as they don't react to the typical canker meds either - that is, at first they may react and I can remove them, but in 2-3 days they start growing back with full force and removing them is impossible because they are so attached to the flesh and it bleeds etc). If you have seen something like this, pls let me know, but I just thought I'd ask if you recommend someone in the USA or Canada that could help (I could even send, I dunno, water samples from our well, feed samples for any toxins etc). If you know, pls let me know and I will further discuss it with my vet and maybe we can do it then.

Thanks a lot!
Irena

Back
Top Bottom