A valuable lesson.

Oh fergot---Gimmie a "P"! Gimmie an "A"! Gimmie a "T"! GOo PAT GO!!!
bun.gif

I keep checking. Still breathing and looking like it's just not time. I wet the membrane and I've managed to get the humidity up to 70%. I now have five in the brooder that seem to be quite lively when they're not sleeping. Pat seems to have a fair amount of energy in spurts. I still see veins and there still seems to be no attempt to get out. I guess they know better than I do when they're ready. Pat's gotta make it now. I haven't been this anxious since I followed the posts of speckledhen trying to hatch a double yolker. I hate to let everyone down.

I'll keep you posted.

My DH said I need to go to bed. I'm falling asleep at the computer, LOL. I will get right back on here tomorrow for the update as soon as the kids get on the bus. Good Luck

Last update for now. I gotta get some sleep. Pat is still being stubborn. Punishing me I think for opening the shell early. I tried to get some video for everyone. Pats half sibling decided to crash the party. I know you're not supposed to remove new chicks to the brooder until they're completely dry but this one was beating the (bleep) out of Pat so I decided to risk it. The new one seems to be doing fine. Anyway here's some video. I'll check again when I get up and let you know how it turned out.

Last edited:
big_smile.png
Pat is the cutest little peep in the whole wide world! I don't know how you can controll yourself, and not "help" him more. Aaaagh!!! I couldn't just sit on my hands, I would have to gnaw them off, lol. Thanks for the vid, I can't wait to see him/her out of the shell.
cool.png

Alicia

Back
Top Bottom