aaaaaahhh help!!!

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays! X5, four hours shouldn't be much of a problem. Chicks don't move all the time in the eggs, sometimes you can watch for quite awhile and they won't do anything. Unless you are going to set new eggs right away, I would give them a day or two before stressing/ bothering them again, the less you handle hatching eggs the better generally.

Every time you open the incubator , it looses humidity. You don't want to end up with "shrink wrapped," chicks. That is more important than a 4 hr. cool down. If there aren't any more power mishaps I think your eggs will be fine. Cooler temps usually result in chicks born a little later than expected. Please don't toss them out early, you would feel a lot worse if you dumped them and then saw they had been growing well.

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

My electric went and eggs were cold couldn't see no movement inside egg does this mean chick dead or if it gets cold will chick movement lessen????

I think they will be ok. Last year incubator set for me, someone in my house who will remain nameless, accidentally unplug the incubator, when I found out it had been at least 12 hours. I was really upset, but I figured what the heck, what is the worse thing that could happen if I plug the thing again, but just in case I added a couple more eggs, just in case the original ones would not hatch. Low and behold all of them hatch, or course with quite a bit of time between them. I was shocked, but they survive. So if mine survived with 12 hours off, I am pretty sure, yours should be ok.

Back
Top Bottom