AAAHHH!!! They came early!

My pictures can be taken better by using a monotoned background, that helps each feature on each chick to stand out. ;)

Congrats!

We got our first chicks 2 weeks ago. I'm embarrassed to admit that I was too scared to even hold them. What if they poop?!? But that has passed and they are so much fun. Plunging in head first is the best way to learn!

Those Phoenix Bantams are beautiful! Never heard of them before - good layers? Expensive? What a hoot to have them flying up at you and on you, however, that may scare the poop out of a visitor !!

love.gif
How adorable! The pics look just fine. welcome to the flock and the crazy funny world of chicken farming and to being owned by the adorable little buggers! You will got lots of advice and helpful suggestions on theis site. Don't have any hesitation to ask anything. The people on this site can and will be a wealth of information.

I have a few more pics to show of our chicks. These chicks are just so much fun!
wee.gif
We have not had any problems so far...no lethargy from any chick, no pasty butt, nothing. I hope this trend continues! I have picked out most of the breeds, I think. I can't tell which ones are Speckled Sussex. The EEs are so varied in coloring that the SS are hard to pick out to my inexperienced eyes.

Red Sex Link / Red Star / Golden Comet / Whatever else they are called...

Cuckoo Marans? I only ordered two of this breed and these are the only two chicks that are distinctly different than the other chicks.

Light Brahma. Their feathered legs are so cute!! They all look pretty similar so far.

Here are a few Easter Eggers:

My husband and I call this one "Fat Face"

This EE is quite the little stinker. She was the first to come sit on my hand after they had been settled in their brooder. She hopped right up into my hand and promptly settled down to a nap. She is very active and likes to spend most of her time trying to eat the light on the remote temperature sensor I have in the brooder.

And then there is this little guy:

He is definitely our little Mystery Chick from McMurray. And whoa is he a little firebrand! He runs everywhere, has to be in the middle of everything, and always hops up on a proffered hand. My husband thinks this is a little roo simply because of his activity level. We shall see, I suppose. The closest thing I can find on McMurray's website is a Salmon Faverolles. I am going to seek help in the "what breed" thread section on this one.

Hey, in your first picture, what breed is that yellow chick directly in the center of photo, with the dark brown stripes on his back and head? He has yellow legs and his head is facing away from the camera. That looks exactly like my mystery chick and I don't know what breed. I have narrowed it down to Buttercup, Redcap, or Hamburg, but I can't figure it out!

Last edited:
Rae, the chick you are referring to is also in the post I put up today. It is the 5th picture. I am pretty sure this is one of my EEs. I also ordered Speckled Sussex, Light Brahmas, Red Stars and Marans chicks. She doesn't look like any other breed, so I am calling her an EE until I am proven wrong by her feathers when they come in.

Awww! thanks formaking my chicken fever worse, haha! My new babies are due to ship 3/19. I really don't need any more, but I have been wanting some SLW, so my uncle agreed to split an order with me. I also got a NHR roo. I am gonna try my hand at breeding some sex links in the future. Good luck with your adorable babies.

Back
Top Bottom