AARRGGGG!!!!!!!! You won't believe this!!! 4 IN A HOME HOSPITAL

As long as they have access to grit or dirt/sand... they can have treats. Millet sprays and alfalfa help keep mine busy
smile.png

The chick starter crumbles has everything in it they need. At this age they don't really need any thing for treats. Bread is just a filler and will prevent them from eating the crumbles that they really need. You could try some plain yogurt mixed with the crumbles.

At three weeks old they are big enough on these warm spring days to be out in a outside brood area. They are going to be more and more active. They will get bored and pick and peck even more.

What size brooder are they in? At three weeks they need a fairly large place to spend their time.

Yes, it is good protein. Sprinkle some crumbles over it so it knows it is food. You won't need grit with some starter going down with it.

O.K. I will try this on both of them. Thanks for your input on this matter Miss Prissy. I wish you just lived next door to me.
smile.png
smile.png

And all the others too. If you have any positive suggestions please feel free to post as I will read this often and probably many others with the same issue. Thank you all so much.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
O.K. I have blu-koted the tail part of the chick that was last pecked on. At first I used 1 part betadine to 9 parts water and let that sit a bit. After about an hour my daughter and I went outside to spray on some blu-kote.

I only have one issue with this. How can she poop if the blu-kote is on the vent area? I tried to wipe it away but I'm not sure I got it all. Is there a sure fire way to know?

Blue kote won't seal off the vent. It is an antifungal/antibacterial purple stained liquid. It is not a liquid bandaid. Do NOT use a liquid bandaid.

Back
Top Bottom