Abanded partial hatched egg, please help!

She looks like she's doing beautifully! I incubated for the first time about a month back, and I had a gosling need assistance, so I know how stressful it is. :D
She is quite brave and insanely fearless! She ended up in the big bird pool. I guess she figured out how to jump over the rather large space between the pool and ramp, or was knock in the pool by a bigger bird. Either way, she was in there. I went out at dusk to water the plants,and just because I wanted to see if she would respond, I peep, peep, peeped loudly. I heard her from across the yard (about 30 yards away) respond! She sounded a bit distressed, so I ran and practically leaped over the poultry netting, when I saw a tiny shadow circling the pool. She swam right too me, so I could scoop her out of the water. Opal, the mama duck, and both geese were very happy to have Peepers back. I know because I got a face full of hissing beaks and bill. Good thing my geese girls love me so much, or my face would be missing chunks! šŸ˜‚
I'm just so glad she let me know she was in danger. There no longer is a pool ramp. The adult birds are just gonna have to work harder.

Back
Top Bottom