Abandoned bird - what breed?

CoopedInn

Songster
7 Years
May 13, 2014
Northeast Georgia
My Coop
My Coop
I was driving through a remote stretch of mountains not too far from where I live, and at one of the scenic pull offs, found this beauty. I’m guessing someone had just dropped her off (at least I believe it’s a hen), as there aren’t any homes for miles. She approached my vehicle immediately when I pulled up. I had some bread in the vehicle, as my family had just had a picnic, and she gladly took some that I broke for her. Seemed docile, but a bit skittish. Looked healthy. I tried to give it some water in a bowl we had, but she didn’t drink any. I didn’t have anything to transport her in. I hated to leave it behind. Any ideas on the breed?

Attachments

• F5F22A1A-E596-4213-AEDF-D19262E48534.png
    F5F22A1A-E596-4213-AEDF-D19262E48534.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 16
He’s an Asian black (hatchery created hybrid) cockerel. Is he still out there? He’ll become a quick meal for a predator.
That probably explains why he was abandoned (some folks don’t take to roosters). How is the temperament of that breed? This one seemed tame, but timid, which is why I presumed it may be a hen, but who knows how long he’s been out there. There were a couple other cars pulling in and the folks checking him out before we left. I hope someone was able to take it. I may have to make a trip back tomorrow just to see if it’s still there.

That probably explains why he was abandoned (some folks don’t take to roosters). How is the temperament of that breed? This one seemed tame, but timid, which is why I presumed it may be a hen, but who knows how long he’s been out there. There were a couple other cars pulling in and the folks checking him out before we left. I hope someone was able to take it. I may have to make a trip back tomorrow just to see if it’s still there.
Poor little guy. Hope you can find him again. 😊

I don’t know the temperament of the breed. I’ve yet to have one.

Back
Top Bottom