Abnormal chicken poop

Ayu

Chirping
Oct 11, 2020
Western Washington
I was checking my chickens today and getting ready to clean out the coop and I find strange poop , its the second time I've found something like this in a week. This time it looks worse. Tbis is my first flock and chickens are all acting normal so I'm at a loss. Thanks for any help !

Attachments

• 20201011_135729.jpg
    20201011_135729.jpg
    626.7 KB · Views: 46
Well they eat their normal food but have small tomatoes, corn , lettuce, cabbage, cut up grass, this seed scratch with dried meal worms i got at tractor supply and when I let them out they go and eat whatever they find digging around in the flower garden and in the field .
Cut all the extras out.
What is their regular feed, protein and calcium percentages?

Sometimes chickens have a kind of diarrhoea from food. Mine always have if they eat too many grapes. Best not to give them extra’s for a few days imo.
Yes.
Supplements like garlic and apple cider vinegar can be helpful.
Not really, can cause problems too.

Make sure it’s not coccidosis. I’m dealing with that right now. Diareah and blood in it when it’s gets to a severe out break. If it is that treat with Corrid powder 1 1/2 teaspoons per a gallon of water for 5 days and the a maintenance water of 1/2 teaspoon of powder a gallon fresh every day.
Oh whoa that sucks I hope your chickens will be ok . I was looking that up but I'm not sure they have it or whoever made that poo lol but that was my first thought but when I looked it up I didn't see any of the symptoms. I don't see any blood and they all are acting pretty normal though.

Hello Ayu, welcome to BYC! :frow

Sometimes chickens have a kind of diarrhoea from food. Mine always have if they eat too many grapes. Best not to give them extra’s for a few days imo.

If you want to be sure of any parasites/illnesses you can take some poop to a vet, to examine it. I would never give medicines not knowing what is wrong. Supplements like garlic and apple cider vinegar can be helpful.

I did switch to medicated food. I found this today too so I started the Corid stuff just in case.
That looks like intestinal shedding rather than coccidiosis.
What exactly is the medication in the feed?
If it's amprolium, I don' think you're supposed to give corid when feeding it.
@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive would know for sure.

Did you ever treat for Coccidiosis with Corid?
If not, then I think I would.
Dose for Liquid Corid is 2 teaspoons per gallon of water or Powdered Corid is 1 1/2 teaspoon per gallon of water. Give for 5-7 days as the only source of drinking water.
Don't add anything else to the water except for Corid.

Back
Top Bottom