About 5 week old naked silkie.

Entiendo

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 21, 2013
I think it is a boy, but I will find room for this survivor anyway. He is healing so well it is amazing. He was in a coop with full gown birds and was nearly pecked to death. I believe it was a strait run and 5 or 6 weeks old but not sure. The little gal with him is a 3 week old Americana pullet I bought from a local chicken lover just to be his little buddy.

Last edited:
You are kidding. What a bummer! I have no idea where it came from and it was not born in the coop it was in. I was told bought as a straight run silkie. What do you do with a Cornish cross?

Yeah it's feathering out normal not silky feathers. I say a mix because can't think of a purebred with that color and physical features.

Cornish X are purely for butchering very early- they grow extremely fast. Don't think that will be a concern with yours though- feather on legs indicates the cross is with a 'normal' growing breed if it's part Cornish, might grow big and heavy fast but not so extreme.

It could be a mix with another large heavy breed though like brahma crossed with....? may become easier to guess as it matures- if it does become very broad, very thick medium or short legs- part Cornish would be a reasonable guess.

Well it is really tiny for its age so probably not all Cornish. I hope it doesn't grow to big for its legs. I guess we will just see. Can you tell rooster or hen.

Back
Top Bottom