About me!

FakhirKhan

In the Brooder
Jun 13, 2021
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
no, i been growing them from past 8 years, although i don't have much knowledge on it's health and other chicken related matter, i just buy them because
i like them.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
1 rooster, 3 chickens, 2 chicks (gender unknown)
(3) What breeds do you have?
4 normal breed (it's called misri in my language but i don't know what it's called in english) and 2 guinea howl chicks.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
petting and training them to the point my chickens understand my commands to some extend and don't get scared of me.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
playing games, watching movies/shows, drawing etc
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
me and my family love growing birds in our house, i also have lovebirds, had a ringneck parrot (sadly it passed out)
(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
from reddit, i was searching on the bumblefoot because my rooster has it and someone suggested joining and asking here instead.

Welcome to BYC.
I've had good luck treating bumblefoot without the trauma of surgery.
Just soak the foot one to two times each day (in Epsom salts if you have it) for about 10 minutes at a time.
Dry the foot well and put a drawing salve (I use Prid) on it.
Wrap it with vet wrap or any self adhesive bandage.
Repeat every day until the stabbed area falls off.
At that time you can squeeze the kernel out if it hasn't come out on its own.
Once the kernel is out, apply antibiotic salve (without pain medication) and reward. Do this once a day until healed.
Good luck to you and your rooster!

1623586308523.png

Back
Top Bottom