1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

About time I inderduce myself!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cluckcluck1215, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Hello!i have been a LONG time member but I NEVER made a introduction!

I live in maine and I grew up raising chickens.

My first batch of chicks was when I was little.the breeds were:
    1 Batam.1Easter Egger.3Barred rock and a BA.i raised them and they were all Pullets.
    There names were, Speckies(Bantam)Rain(EE)Oliva, Bea, Unknow(BRs)and the BA was Unknow.sadly, shortly after they started laying, my flock was killed by a a fisher.only Oliva, Bea and Speckies survived.

Fast forward to severl yeas later.my Speckies ended up dying of a Unkow Cause.later.Oliva died of old age at 6.7 years old.only her sister Bea survived.before Oliva died, I got a New Batch Of Chicks.
    They were:
    Two EEs, One BR, Two BAs, One SLW.
    The SLW was Gwen.The Easter Eggers were Sunshine and Brownie(Note, this was last year, 2015. I got them)the BR was Granite, The BAs Blackie and Wisteriea.
    A while later, I got two ducks.one male named Peep, and One Female named Duckduck.
    During the winte, I lost Sunshine to a unknow animal, Oliva to old age, and Gwen to a Hawk.in the spring I lost Peep to a Unknow animal.i also got 6 Chicks.
    Two EEs, One BB Red Game Hen(Unexpected, she was supposed to be a EE)One SLW, One Golden Comet, One WLH.
    WLH is Harriet, She is Spazzy, Spunky, Friendly and all around Funny!
    EE One is Cinder.she has the biggest muffs ever!
    EE Two is Indigo.She is Very Pretty, But has a slight cross beak.
    BBRGH is Acorn.she is Pretty But HATES being held.
    Golden Comet is Isadora.she has SO tiny when she was a chick we almost named her Tiny.but now she is HUGE!
    SLW is Raven.she is SO pretty and loves to be petted.

So currently I have 6 pullets,17 weeks I think.not laying.5 one year old hens, laying.and one 7 year old hen, Bea, STILL laying.and One 1 year old Female Runner Duck named Duckduck.

I love BYC so much!Love You my friends!

1 person likes this.
  2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens officially

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, CC1215, and :welcome! Glad you made it official and signed up. Love your chicken names! :lau. Best wishes and enjoy your flock!

4. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    :welcome officially! Like @redsoxs said, love all your chicken names! Great to have you here with us Kyndra! :hugs

5. Thanks guys!
    Thanks red socks!

6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and sending an official welcome your way! I guess it is just time to get the weight off our shoulders of never introducing ourselves! Thanks for starting a trend, @henny1129! Lol. Thanks for being such a great member of our community!

7. henny1129

henny1129 Crazy Livestock Gal

Mar 21, 2016
    Ohio!
    I am a natural trend setter. :cool: Just kidding! :lol: I didn't know how many people actually never introduced themselves. :)

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome (officially) to BYC! It's great to have you.

10. ChickenLover200

ChickenLover200 Overrun With Chickens

May 10, 2013
    I'll be in the barn!
    believe me... I didn't till just last year... LOL

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by