About to get my first Banty egg!

Beccazon

Crowing
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan Thumb
Stoked! Just found my lil Nugget, one of my 2 bantams, in a nest! She has been squatting (dramatically!) every time I came near her for 3 days so I have been keeping watch. Yippee! She often hops on me when I come by and rides around on my back or shoulder. A super sweetie!

Attachments

• 6FBBD397-829C-49E2-9A01-00882311F5C4.jpeg
    6FBBD397-829C-49E2-9A01-00882311F5C4.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 13
Post a pic of the egg. I have 2 bantam polish but neither have laid yet. I don't even know if they're pullets. They pretty much are pet birds that fly around the yard and roost in our coop. They're pretty wild

Post a pic of the egg. I have 2 bantam polish but neither have laid yet. I don't even know if they're pullets. They pretty much are pet birds that fly around the yard and roost in our coop. They're pretty wild
Will do! How old are your polish? I hope to get a couple since they make great setters if you need one.

Oh how darling!

Attachments

• 04264C9A-BDC7-422D-A709-E0EFC790AE17.jpeg
    04264C9A-BDC7-422D-A709-E0EFC790AE17.jpeg
    533 KB · Views: 12
  • B8487F30-491C-4605-905F-9D5FF0A2CEFC.jpeg
    B8487F30-491C-4605-905F-9D5FF0A2CEFC.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 11
Will do! How old are your polish? I hope to get a couple since they make great setters if you need one.
I'm unsure how old they are. The person we got them from received them as a trade for other chickens... He had them a month and I've had them a month. He said they were about 8 weeks when he got them so about 4 months :confused:

We can't get to close to them because they flip, I assume they were never handled by humans. They love it though at our house.

IMG_20190811_161855.jpg

Hard to tell from that pic but they do appear from what I can see to be pullets. I guess you will know more in a couple of months if you don't have any eggs and they start crowing for some reason LOL. You said they will roost in your coop. Have you tried to go in at roosting time and just "be there" until they have seen you in there a few nights and then perhaps after a week of that stroke them each a few times? Roosting time is a good time to handle spazzy birds. They don't...spaz! Lol

Hard to tell from that pic but they do appear from what I can see to be pullets. I guess you will know more in a couple of months if you don't have any eggs and they start crowing for some reason LOL. You said they will roost in your coop. Have you tried to go in at roosting time and just "be there" until they have seen you in there a few nights and then perhaps after a week of that stroke them each a few times? Roosting time is a good time to handle spazzy birds. They don't...spaz! Lol
These ones spaz at all times, I don't want to stress them so when they come to us we give them treats. It's how I've trained all of mine to like humans, I believe these may take months to get used to us.

I usually raise all my chickens from chicks because I develop close bonds with them when they're young. I have a few that are still crazy, but they all come to me for treats.

Should see my ducklings... They're another story. They spaz but if you have treats, they love on you like no tomorrow. I know over time they'll get better.

I'm someone who has been adding onto my farm one species a year. Last year was chickens, this year was ducklings. Next year we are hatching our own from our girls eggs.

Back
Top Bottom