Above eye severely swollen - Please Help! -

If only blood came out, its probably malignant and infiltrating. I would keep her alive as long as she seems comfortable, but once you notice it becoming necrotic, cull her. So sorry, I was really hoping it was filled with pus. Come to think of it, it could be a sinus infection gone wild. I know that coryza can cause growths, but I'm not sure of the other symptoms of coryza. If she has mucous, it could be sinuses, but once a sinus infection is that bad, its pretty much over.

Quote:
Just wanted to point out that chicken pus is not liquid like our pus. It is a hard, cheesy like substance. You can't just get it to drain through a needle hole.

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this but if you are unable to take her to a vet you need to do it yourself (or, like you said, get a more experienced person to do it for you) because that pus HAS to come out in order for her to get better. Best of luck and hopefully she'll be better in no time. Keep us updated!!

My wife just found one of her black stars with this under her eye. We actually pulled a tick off of it which im sure was the cause. We drained it yesterday and it was full of blood. Today its full again. We drained again. Just blood, no pus. The chicken seems to feel fine. Has anyone seen this with a tick bite before?

Okay i realize this is a super old thread but some of those helped me before. Our rooster had an under eye access a few years back - we gave meds and opened it and I had to take the pus out that was still like cottage cheese texture and was able to squeeze it out mostly…. I have a chicken now with similar signs but above and below eye. I punctured and only blood and liquid came out , but waited two days and I could feel something harden and I could remove a 2x4cm hard cheese like structure out slowly by slowly.
Unfortunately I needed to let her rest she was obviously hurt- I hoped with the bottom swelling gone Rest would be fine too but I think I can feel a hard structure on the top of her eye too.
I will try later or tomo to sort it out.
And yes it’s not easy to remove as in with humans and it will have a color from yellow to dark brown…
I hate to cull her but if it’s not getting better soon or attempt fails I might have to. All started with her beeing a bit sickish I guess she got a sinus infection

Went down to feed the chooks today and found this!
th.gif

111807_dsc_0966.jpg

111807_dsc_0969.jpg

I noticed a small lump above her eye about a week ago, but it wasn't this bad!
ep.gif

What is wrong? What can I do to help Betty?
She doesn't seem to be in any pain and is laying, eating and drinking and acting normal.
She doesn't even seem to know it is there.

Please help if you can!
hmm.png
sad.png
HI, I would start with VET RX, it is a herbal remedy that is based on "Wild Oregano Oil" it is a very powerful herb and works very well for chickens respiratory and infections, you have a look at "VET RX" on youtube you will find lots of video's about treating chickens with it and it is very successful, this is what I would try first you put it over the eye on top of the head, under the beak get her to eat some of it and put some in her water. It is really nasty to remove the infection there are video's online of people doing it but you will also find video's online where even an infection as bad as that one will come right with oregano oil. I would highly recommend giving it a go. best wishes

Back
Top Bottom