Abscess like thing on hens face!

Hazelbunny

Songster
Jan 19, 2018
Ontario, canada
When I was closing the coop I noticed blood on the ground. When I found the hen that was bleeding I saw a red bump on her face. I don't know what it is but this hen is a rather unlucky chicken.
IMG_20180311_193310_151.jpg

2018-03-11 19.56.31.jpg

I didn't think to feel if it is soft or hard at the time and it's too dark to go back out. Tomorrow when I check on her I will feel it and update.

UPDATE: the bump on her face is hard and she is acting normal. I don't think she cares too much about it.
What ever happened to the bump? Did it go away? I have a hen that got pecked and has a similar bump. It doesnt seem to bother her, but I was wondering what happened here. Thanks!

What ever happened to the bump? Did it go away? I have a hen that got pecked and has a similar bump. It doesnt seem to bother her, but I was wondering what happened here. Thanks!
Welcome to BYC. Do you have any pictures? Is it just like the red bump in this thread? Any other symptoms? I would start a new thread all your own, where you will get more advice, since it can be confusing. Here is where to post up near the top of the page under Post New Thread:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures.10/

Back
Top Bottom