Absolutely apalling...

Year of the Rooster

Sebright Savvy
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
West Central Ohio
The other day I had my 3 WEEK old chicks out and I saw one of my Sebright chicks literally MOUNT my EE chick! He straddled on her back and grabbed a clump of neck feathers!
th.gif
I realized this could be pecking order stuff because they are chest bumping at this time... Could this be a roo in the making? He and another Sebright are the only sebright chicks with the biggest combs. Not to mention the biggest in body weight(as far as the sebrights go). What are your opinions on this? I think SOMEBODY has been sneaking chicken steroids
smack.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Last edited:
I had a batch of chicks with one obvious roo. He had a comb growing in at 1 week. He actually mounted his MOMMY at about 2 weeks, and tried some crowing at 3 or 4 weeks. He hasn't done that again. You definitely have a roo.

Quote:
LOL, begging for some reason doesn't work with chickens !!!!! I also begged my little man (almost 5 month old silkie) to crow again for me (first time I heard him today) !!! He didnt !!!!!! Guess Ill have to sit out there all day (yah right) LOL, Good luck with Mr. Rooster !!!

My jap roo tried to crow at 4 weeks. Then gave it up. He's now almost 12 weeks and I haven't heard even a cluck from him. He still peeps.

Back
Top Bottom