Abundance of rat snakes and the coop.

Well. Everything's changed. The post office called me before hours yesterday and I went around back to pick them up. I thought that was sweet of the worker. She even asked if i was getting more. Lol

But now they are here and the magic has happened and as I think of a flimsy run, "Ah, hail no!"

Oh muh gollies they are so cute, so clumsy and sweet natured. (Barred rocks)

Something else has changed. Local code. They allow chickens but they changed code to reflect a requirement of a minimum 900 SQ ft of living space. That's a lot of wire! However, I know that if t he birds are clean and healthy and not bothering anyone, they're not going to enforce it. But what if a neighbor got a wild hair up their nose? Nobody's living in these houses. One guy is remodeling to rent out.

I will need to end up with that 900 SQ ft and secure them such that the roo would be the only nuisance.

I have one of those boxes of poly twine, 20,000 ft. I'm thinking bright yellow bird netting. Can weave it into the chain link fence and such.

Sigh
Just do your best. :hugs If inspector arrives,, state they are fee-range when you are at home.. Is the moron going to stay and check if it is so???

Local code. They allow chickens but they changed code to reflect a requirement of a minimum 900 SQ ft of living space.
That's interesting, what general area do you live in? Yeah, it's going to be more expensive. But I have to admit I'm kinda impressed that they care enough about the chickens quality of life enough to require a minimum amount of space. I really hate to see a bunch of chickens crammed into a tiny pen, which happens far too often.

That's interesting, what general area do you live in? Yeah, it's going to be more expensive. But I have to admit I'm kinda impressed that they care enough about the chickens quality of life enough to require a minimum amount of space. I really hate to see a bunch of chickens crammed into a tiny pen, which happens far too often.
I couldn't keep my chickens if the bar was set that high here.

I couldn't keep my chickens if the bar was set that high here.
Central Oklahoma
Central Oklahoma. At this point, my daughter and I are considering buttoning up fence lines weaving portable fences and free ranging.

Central Oklahoma

Central Oklahoma. At this point, my daughter and I are considering buttoning up fence lines weaving portable fences and free ranging.
Edit: It may not apply in your situation but chicken tractors don't count as permanent housing (how some people get around it).Because they're moved daily predators have a harder time killing them

Back
Top Bottom