Academy Award winning quiche

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by halo, Sep 22, 2009.

1. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    I would like to thank all the little people that helped me get to where I am today (about to stuff my face), all those helpers on the sidelines who never get any recognition for what they REALLY do, which is feed the world. Id like to thank my little blue rock pullet, whose eggs will never make it to the breeding pen because she's, well, sorta ugly, but her eggs make up for it. Id like to thank those barred rock girls who lay ginormous eggs to contribute. And last but not least, Id like to thank the blue wheaton americauna pullets who have just started laying in the last month, whose outrageously sky blue gorgeous eggs are still just too teeny to set, but are absolutely beautiful in a quiche (seems almost sinful to eat those, but after all they are chickens, and thats what we do, eat their eggs!). I thank you, girls, you're the best!

[​IMG]

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    And where's the recipe for that lovely quiche may I ask?!?! [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Looks good! [​IMG]

4. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Recipe??? Recipe????? This was a "kitchen sink" quiche. Fried up some sausage, threw in some onions and peppers from the garden, threw in some broccoli, some cheese, tossed it all in a pie pan, beat up about...ooooh, 2 huge eggs, 2 large eggs, 8 weenie eggs, beat with some sour cream, added garlic powder, black pepper, poured in pie pan, cooked at 350 for an hour, and voila!!!

5. miss_jayne

miss_jayne Lady_Jayne

Jun 26, 2008
    Columbiaville, MI
    oh, that's one of our favorite recipes too. seriously, you cannot go wrong with quiche.

is there any of that left at your house. can i have a piece? i'm hungry. is there going to be a side salad? he's touching my plate! this plate smells funny! i want more! Moooooooooooom!

6. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Come on over, theres always enough quiche. And if I run out, Ill just make another one.

No salad, but I did heat up a yummy Katy's lighter-than-air whole wheat roll, and put a little sour cream on the side of the quiche.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

You better hurry, is all Ive got to say.....

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Yummy!

8. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    THAT is mouth-watering!!! Congrats to all of your egg-laying girls who contributed to this fantastic quiche!

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Sounds easy enough! [​IMG]

10. Pupsnpullets

Pupsnpullets Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2008
    SoCal desert
    It that a crustless quiche? Looks pretty - pretty darn tasty!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by