accidentally dropped button egg D:

Discussion in 'Quail' started by Ducklove334, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    while turning my eggs, i accidentally dropped my button egg [​IMG]

it shattered, and inside a tiny baby, little heart beating [​IMG], I waited until the tiny thing got cold, the heart stopped beating, and i threw it away [​IMG]

I'm sooo mad at myself, but I know that Quailbert(the male) isn't a dude, I'm going to set the four eggs inthe cage, and try again.

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    awh it sucks but we've alll done it believe me lol

3. Bettacreek

Bettacreek Overrun With Chickens

Jan 7, 2009
    Central Pennsyltucky
    Think of it this way, you've got your dropped egg under your belt, now you shouldn't worry about dropping any others, at least for awhile, lol. Now's the time to order special eggs in, you're less likely to drop one of them now that you've got your drop in. [​IMG] I was expecting to drop my curly egg, but didn't, so I'm wondering when and what I'm going to drop.

4. AK_Button_Mama

AK_Button_Mama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2008
    Wasilla, Alaska
    yeah I did the same thing a few weeks ago. felt like poo too!!!

5. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    what would REALLY kill me is if I dropped the mallard egg [​IMG]

I'd never forgive myself for killing that baby, seeing as how in about a week and a half, it'll be here!..

I've already dropped two of the RIR eggs we got at auction, luckily, there was nothing in either of them.

6. muscovy94

muscovy94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 11, 2008
    Vicksburg, MS
    Yes I know you must feel horrible, but like monarc23 said, we've all done it one time or another. I did it a few weeks ago on a duck egg I was incubating. I felt HORRIBLE!! But atleast your egg wasn't that far along so it didn't suffer. This one time, I hatched some bobwhite quail, and i had like four out of their box, and I didn't see one, and I sat on him and killed him. I felt REALLY REALLY BAD.

But don't worry, I'm sure everyone on here has done it before.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by