accidently killed my rir roo

bryan8

Songster
10 Years
May 21, 2009
New york
Well I got a rir roo that showed up at my house a few weeks ago.

He was very very mean, almost killed my other roo. He attacks anything he sees. His spurs look like they have been sharpened or something and he drew blood when he hit me with them before.

Today i was in the coop he jumped on me and started attacking me and out of reaction i grabed him and hurled him off me and he smashed into the wall and droped to the floor....

opps

well he had it comeing

~Bryan

Oh so sorry.
sad.png

His only chance to survive now might very well lay in you being very tough and dominant with him. If he doesn't submit your going to be having Chicken and Dumplings. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Your likely to have to really scare and, to some extent, hurt him to accomplish this now. Its likely he has been able to get away with this for far too long. Look at it this way, Dead is dead in the end.

Need a good recipe?
big_smile.png

OMG!
I just remembered an accidental death around here, too. I was using the broom to get some chickens out of my pine tree near the front porch and one fell----plop----just like Swee' Pea in the old Popeye comic strip---and died instantly.
I felt guilty but then went out later that night for chinese food...chicken, of course.

So don't feel too bad.
It happens.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ummmm...pardon my observation...but I think it's a little late for that....I believe Bryan intimated that he killed the roo out of instinctual reaction to being attacked....Or did I read the title of this thread wrong?
hu.gif

Yeah, Bryan...I would have done the same thing. In fact, I almost did it to one of my hens one day. She ticked me off just one time to many, picking on poor little LizzyBeth... I grabbed Clarissa by the neck and picked her up suddenly, I was soooo mad at her! She'd been doing this for some time, despite my constantly slapping Clarissa away from Lizzy every time she went near her. Dang bird just wouldn't leave Lizzy alone.

Finally, I just snapped...and durn near snapped Clarissa's neck in the process. I distinctly heard a popping noise in her neck when I lifted her 5 feet off the ground.

Wanna know something? That Clarissa has been one of the sweetest birds I have in the entire flock ever since that day!
lau.gif
Sometimes, ya just gotta show 'em who's the boss!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom