Ack! I think she just ate a FROG!

I really like frogs, and rescued one from a chicken beak the other day. I know the girls eat all kinds of things when I'm not watching, but I couldn't stand to hear that poor frog calling out while my chicken ran around with it in her mouth. It was still uninjured, so I moved it to a safe place. If it had been hurt I would have let her finish it off.

I have one girl who really like her small frogs..... Funny hing she is the only one who eats frogs.

And she lays green eggs
lol.png

I caught my girls one day tossing a mole up in the air like they were playing with it! i tried to rescue the poor thing- i don't know why, they're tearing up my yard! I think i was more offended that my chickens seemed to be having so much fun at the poor blind thing's expense. I was horrified! cannibals!

My snake population is very low now, along with the lizards. Between my cat and the chooks they don't stand a chance. I can still remember the first time I saw one eat a snake...it was atleast 6 inches long. GROSS! They also killed a baby mole in the run. They were playing with it, dissapeared by the end of the day!

Watching them chase butterflies, now that is just funny!

Last edited:
they really remind me of the raptors in jurasic park, one of our pullets actually stalked a frog, got it and the game was on- i had to come in the house, felt sorry for the frog.....

Back
Top Bottom