Ack! Mites in a Mixed flock what Eprinex dosages?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by triton77, Feb 11, 2017.

1. triton77

triton77 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2013
    We have chickens, ducks, turkeys, guineas, and a peacock. The chickens have mites, I can't see mites on anybody else but they all are in one shed.
    So I know the eprinex dosage for chickens is .5cc for standard fowl. Does anyone know what the dosage would be for ducks, turkeys, guineas, and a peacock?
    The ducks weigh between 4-6lbs, guineas are probably 3-4lbs, turkeys 15-20lbs, and peacock I don't know she's probably around 12lbs.
    I plan on going out after everyone is roosting tonight and dosing them.
    Thanks for the help!

2. silkie1472

silkie1472 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2016
    I have never used eprinex, but I have had a similar problem recently. My chickens had lice. After seeking help on BYC, I was told to use permethrin dust. I found it on amazon for $12.00 and it killed the lice just a few minutes after dusting them. It says it works on mites as well. I believe it is called prozap garden and poultry dust.

3. aart

aart Chicken Juggler! Premium Member

Nov 27, 2012
    SW Michigan
    My Coop
  4. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General Premium Member Project Manager

Jun 24, 2012
    My Coop
    I think the dose is about 0.05 ml per pound, though giving twice that is *probably* safe. If it's not too cold where you are, treating them and their coop with permethrin spray might be a better idea (zero day egg withdrawal). If it's too cold, spray coop and use permethrin dust on the birds.

Your peahen, she might weigh 9 pounds if she's really big and fat.[​IMG] Most mature peahens weigh ~7-9 pounds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by