active yeast in drinking water

josh44

Songster
11 Years
Jun 16, 2008
San Antonio Texas
Has anyone ever tryied active yeast in their poultrys drinking water ?
Would like more info on this ???

I read the yeast help them to digest greens and absorb nutrients better ?

I read that you put yeast in the water for a full wk and skip every other wk after.
And also read that active yeast in the water is good once a wk???

What's your thoughts, and experience on this ???

I've never heard of anything like that. What the source and context of the info?
My knee-jerk reaction was no, but I'm interested to hear more.
smile.png

Brewers yeast is very good for animals. I feed it to all my mammals. Never thought of giving it to chickens, I would sprinkle it on their feed rather than in their water probably but of course putting it in the water may have some benefit. Jmho.

Never read or heard about active yeast in water, but I have heard all sorts of advice about yogurt with active cultures and apple cider vinegar with "mother" which is basically the active bacteria that turns the cider into vinegar. So, while not being an expert on any of this, it seems like it would be the same general idea.

By active yeast do you mean the yeast made as a feed additive for animals or the stuff you make bread out of? If its the feed stuff, I use it for all my animals, including the chickens. If it's the bread type, I would not feed it as it can cause probelms in the digestive tract if it's live.

Back
Top Bottom