Acu-Rite humidity/themometer not working? PROBLEM SOLVED

ChickenPeep

Faith & Feathers
11 Years
May 1, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
I went to the store today and got an Acu-Rite themometer/humidity thingy. When i thured it on, it immediately said the temp was 79 and the humidity was 16%. I put it in the 'bator and the temp went up to 99 but the humidity stayed the same. I left it there for a few minutes and no change.
It it not working? Do i need to give it more time? Heres a pic of the thing-a-mobber. I took it out so thats why it says 86.

89747_img_18231.jpg

EDIT: I got a new one after figuring i could not get it fixed. Thanks for all your help! If it werent for you guys, i would think it was right and i would keep adding water until it was a swimming pool!!

Last edited:
Any chance the digital readout on the first number is broken? I've never seen humidity so low. Even in real life air, you know what I mean??! Maybe it's a broken 7 or 4 or 8? That would be my first guess. 19% humidity just seems totally unnatural to me, but then again, I'm a Floridian.
wink.png

Ok i read the manual. It said the average range of humidity ws 16%. Im thinking that when it first got started, it got stuck there. But i dont know! I need help!

Try that web page then and calibrate it. I mark mine afterwards with the low and high range. Mine was off by 5 %. Also do you have your heat on yet, that will dry your house out fast. I don't usually turn mine on this early (due to propane prices, probably won't til mid Nov.) but some do. We just layer our clothing. But any who, try the next step calibrate, as long as you have water in the bottom (only in the middle section of plastic liner) you should be fine, for 24 hours.
Michele

Back
Top Bottom