ACV in Water

spicewood chick

Songster
9 Years
Aug 5, 2012
SPICEWOOD TEXAS
Hi
I’m reading and have heard that adding ACV or Apple Cider Vinegar is a good thing to add to the chickens water to help keep them healthy. I have a 5 gallon water bucket with nipples for my girls and am thinking of adding some to their water. Do y’all recommend and how much should I add

Ok so mine do not like it and are not drinking out of the water cups. They do have a small waterer on the side just to make sure they have water.
I will have to clean out the bucket and just do plain water or maybe only like a teaspoon per gallon ?

Ok so mine do not like it and are not drinking out of the water cups. They do have a small waterer on the side just to make sure they have water.
I will have to clean out the bucket and just do plain water or maybe only like a teaspoon per gallon ?

Maybe try reducing the amount by 1 tablespoon per the number of gallons of your waterer. Mine didn't seem wild about it either at first but I have two waterers and one I always put ACV in and one I don't. For sure, now, they prefer the one with the ACV and barely touch the other one. I should add ACV to both and see if they start drinking out of both of them.

I was also experimenting with adding crushed garlic to their water but they really weren't happy about that so I've stopped putting it in their water and instead add garlic powder to their treat mash.

Shoot, mine is not the Mother kind. That may be why.
i will go get some today and see if that makes any difference.
Course they are not eating much either the past day so maybe it is that.
Braggs is the brand I use....it has the "mother" in it and its organic. Just make sure you use a plastic waterer.....the ACV will erode metal. For what it's worth....I use 1 TBLS per gallon. I also have one with plain water. I remove the ACV water in really hot weather

Back
Top Bottom