ACV Organic or not?

I think it depends on what you are using it for.

If using the typical amount in a plastic waterer it won't hurt anything for it to be regular old Heinz apple cider, it will help keep nasty slime off of feeder, etc. I used it for a month or so til I ordered some Braggs vinegar.

However, if using it for the "mother" to help birds deal with immune stuff, make them healthier etc, then you need the good stuff. I liked the properties of keeping waterers from stinking and becoming slimy, it is harder to see if your birds are healthier because of use of it, but I hope so.

Amazon.com has decent prices on the organic stuff - much better than the local store I got it from. And from what I have read, once you get some you can "inoculate" the plain old variety and keep it going so you don't have to buy so much of the expensive stuff. Search engine here will lead you to big discussions on this if you wade through a bunch of threads to get the right one.

Hope this helps, I wondered this same thing a few months ago and after reading, etc., this is what I came up with.

I think if your going to the trouble of adding ACV, you may as well find the kind with the "mother" like Braggs. Even if you have to order it. (GNC carries it if you have a store anywhere near you).
Like jtbrown said, it's supposed to have health benefits over and above just reducing the algea slime in the waterer.

I found "old dutch" brand apple cider vinegar at my local discount store for one dollar a quart.It says on the label that its" all natural"...is this the same as organic acv?? 5% acidity.....Will this work in my chicken waterer?

I found "old dutch" brand apple cider vinegar at my local discount store for one dollar a quart.It says on the label that its" all natural"...is this the same as organic acv?? 5% acidity.....Will this work in my chicken waterer?

the acv should say that it contains "the mother" in it.

Back
Top Bottom