acv with "mother"

lol.png
lau.gif
The scary thing about that is you are probably right....
highfive.gif
Hey, Cuz!

It's true that the snot thing is the real "mother" but for those that don't have that yet, using Braggs in unpasteurized apple juice is a great way to get it. Only takes a couple dollars and a month to make a whole gallon.

I use the very cheapest frozen apple juice concentrate I can find. And if I could find some without added Vitamin C I would use it, but it works fine. They have another with added calcium, I don't know that I'd use that one.

Nice, I was hoping the extra vitamin C was ok. I think I bought Treetop and it had 120% vitamin C, just like the other 4 brands available at Albertsons. As a preservative it makes sense that it would inhibit the vinegar to grow, just a bit slower. ;)

I posted this in another thread but I'll say it again. I did accidently use the kind with added calcium last batch and it was horrible. Turned really dark and the "mother" looked like something from a horror film. I tossed the whole batch. So don't use the added calcium stuff!

Just started my batch of ACV this week! Then I started a batch of enzyme cleaner. Next on the list: cheese!
I haven't started anything. Matter of fact I forget to buy the juice every single time I go anywhere. I'll get to it though.

So cheese huh? Need my address??
ep.gif
gig.gif

I posted this in another thread but I'll say it again. I did accidently use the kind with added calcium last batch and it was horrible. Turned really dark and the "mother" looked like something from a horror film. I tossed the whole batch. So don't use the added calcium stuff!

is this the mother. should I now put this in a gallon jug with a lid on it?
THIS looks like something from a horror film. Is this what it's supposed to look like???
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom