acv with "mother"

So if you want to make your "own" vinegar with the mother. You would need to add something like brewers yeast or baking yeast to some juice and let it ferment?

This is an older thread but glad I found it. I had heard you could make ACV with the mother just by adding some to regular ACV. ( Trying to save money) Well I added a cup of Braggs to regular 1/2 gal. ACV put paper towel over jar and put in my closet for 2 wks. I took it out and there was this big glob of snot looking stuff in it. I thought great just wasted a cup of Braggs, but sounds like it worked from the previous posts so thanx everyone.
LOL That WAS the Mother! LOL

This type of thread needs to be stickied. So many people use ACV for the chickens that a regular sticky to refer to would be great. I also have looked up acv on youtube but most of it has to do with wine production. Not backyard flock maintenance. darn!

When can you start using "the Mother" on small birds. My new pullets are approximately 12 weeks... Should I wait til they are "off" medicated feed?

Thanx much.

Cindy

I'm making my own! Super easy and good! I've been using it myself and don't have to take Prilosec for heartburn anymore! I just took some old apples, cut them up small, added some brags, and 4 weeks later, almost ready;)
yzamarur.jpg

Do you split the mother with the second batch? You have to keep some in every batch, correct? Thanks for the info. I am going to try this!!

I make enzyme cleaner from my citrus and pineapple scrapes, can I use my "cleaner" to put in their water? It's just peels, sugar and water...

Back
Top Bottom