Add "MORE" Eggs To Incubator?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by 1234duck, Jan 12, 2011.

1. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

When you put some Eggs in the Incubator, can you "ADD MORE" to Incubator before those hatch? Or do you have to wait 28+ days? Thanks, Julie

2. duckyfromoz

duckyfromoz Quackaholic

Jan 11, 2010
    Australia
    I do it all the time. My last hatch was last Friday/ Saturday, I have 5 hatched today so far- ( 4 more to go ) and more due in 1 week, 2 weeks and 24 days. In the past I used a second incubator for hatching in - but recently I have just been using the one incubator and everything is going fine. A few days at higher Humidity doesnt seem to be having much effect on the other egg each time. The only problem you have is turning eggs during lockdown. I have an auto roll turner- so I can leave the eggs on the top shelf to be rolled every 4 hours- and the eggs down the bottom can stay in the hatching tray undisturbed.

3. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

*What is Lock Down? I finally put the Eggs in the Incubator(1:30 am/a couple hrs. ago) *When do I start turning them? Instructions say, "Do Not Open Incubator the first day after the eggs are set". *Do I Need to Mist the eggs with water? Thanks, Julie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by