We Quit Cigarettes

Agreed.

And wait really? I thought a lot of them the body just excreted the excess?
There are fat soluble and water soluble vitamins.
Water soluble vitamins can be excreted easily in the urine (unless you have other problems) but it is still possible to overdose in large amounts.
Fat soluble vitamins are not as easy for the body to excrete and can build up to toxicity in much smaller amounts.

Great advice... I've seen people take too many and their liver suffered for it

Yeah but wouldn’t that be only after a very long term or after taking tons and tons? Surely taking one multivitamin or even a couple different vitamins (not a couple multivitamins. Obviously that should only be one) wouldn’t be that bad or cause problems? You’d have to really be taking a ton before it would.

I didn’t think it was written that way. I took it as like “most” but of course there will always be exceptions.

And I’m sorry. That’s awful. :(

Yeah that makes sense but with most vitamins it takes a ton to overdose. It is pretty hard to overdose on vitamins. You would have to be taking way above the recommended dose or be eating tons of them.

And I don’t think asking a Dr is necessarily necessary. Can be helpful but they usually don’t know much about nutrition anyway.

And I’ve been taking kind of a lot lately but I’m going to be cutting most out soon. And they’re all totally different

Oh yeah I would never advocate only eating vitamins and nothing else haha I was just thinking if someone isn’t getting them through food.

Ye

Technically some vitamins and minerals build up in the body so you don't need to take a bunch at once to go toxic.

I didn’t think it was written that way. I took it as like “most” but of course there will always be exceptions.

And I’m sorry. That’s awful. :(

Yeah that makes sense but with most vitamins it takes a ton to overdose. It is pretty hard to overdose on vitamins. You would have to be taking way above the recommended dose or be eating tons of them.

And I don’t think asking a Dr is necessarily necessary. Can be helpful but they usually don’t know much about nutrition anyway.

And I’ve been taking kind of a lot lately but I’m going to be cutting most out soon. And they’re all totally different

Oh yeah I would never advocate only eating vitamins and nothing else haha I was just thinking if someone isn’t getting them through food.

Ye
Your doctor SHOULD know every vitamin you put in your body or anything OTC. It's not too hard to overdose when you're not paying attention to labels.

There are fat soluble and water soluble vitamins.
Water soluble vitamins can be excreted easily in the urine (unless you have other problems) but it is still possible to overdose in large amounts.
Fat soluble vitamins are not as easy for the body to excrete and can build up to toxicity in much smaller amounts.

Thanks! That makes sense! Most vitamins are water soluble, right? Or at least there’s more water soluble ones? I seem to remember that for some reason. The ones I take are all water soluble I think but I would have to look it up.

So much for watching my attitude.
I have a full on attitude problem today.
I have a headache too.
Is it about to be that time of month?
Shoot...I should have planned this a little better.
I can snap for no damn reason today. :barnie

I wish I could sleep it off but I can't do naps.
Is it?
Been thru one on the Chantix yet?
Are they usually 'awful'?

Back
Top Bottom