Adding a baby Pekin…

Pamelasflock

Chirping
May 21, 2022
I have chickens and ducks. My ducks are a female Pekin who is 1-2 (adopted so not precise) and 2 fem khakis. Lola, my Pekin loves her image in the mirror. Am I crazy to think she would like a friend that looks like her? Been thinking of adding a baby Pekin if I can’t find another female to adopt, but my question is how young can the baby be around the others? My khakis are 20 weeks, Pekin 1-2 years. My 3 hens and rooster are in same barnyard but seperated into two areas. Also, since I have three other ducks would having one baby vs the recommended 2 at least for social reasons be ok?? Or would she need a baby for a friend too.

The baby would need a friend because you couldn't add her until at the very least 12 weeks old. Longer if there are any boys
Ok thank you! No boys planned or here but I may try to find an older female that needs a home. Love the brooding stage but Omgosh I just got done with that a few months ago. Lol! They are so stinking cute I could easily talk myself into 2 babies tho! 😳😃

Ok thank you! No boys planned or here but I may try to find an older female that needs a home. Love the brooding stage but Omgosh I just got done with that a few months ago. Lol! They are so stinking cute I could easily talk myself into 2 babies tho! 😳😃
I know the feeling. I love babies for about a week before I'm thinking "why have I done this to myself again?"

I love little fluffies until they need to move out of the brooder into their compartment in my coop: i dont have room for more grown ducks!!
I have room for one to two more but preferably one. The duck spa gets a little murky as it is. Lol. I think adding one adult to my 3 others may be a nice number of 4. 😬 Anyone hear of an adult female near indiana needing a home lmk!

Back
Top Bottom