Adding ACV and Cayenne pepper to water

Complete BS.. I don't care WHAT people claim.. show me the numbers!

If you have worms treat with something effective.

That guy claims DE is a wormer.. but ALL packages clearly state does not work in wet environment.. which the guts are!

Certain species of pumpkin seed had SOME effect..

If you have parasite TREAT with something that works.

Soil type, live stock load, weather pattern, wildlife load, husbandry practices, and individual health ALL matter.. If you SEE worms.. their either round worms of some type or tape worms.. All other will stay in the intestines and only their microscopic oocyst (microscopic eggs) will pass in droppings.

DE is approved as an anti caking agent in feed in the US at a rate of up to 2%.

DE does NOT work on external parasites AT MY location, where humidity is high..

If you have worms treat with something that is proven effective! Prevention is over if you are seeing something. I'm all for natural if it works..
https://the-chicken-chick.com/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens/
But none of these are Natural ways to deworm i dont want to inject or give them medication i prefer natural

Its cold here now and I've seen that they all have internal Parasites in their droppings ive done research and these 2 things help with internal parasites i just need the ratio to add in the water
They also have fresh water and btw I've had great experience with ACV for Deworming check it out
If you've had great experience (success?) with ACV for Deworming, then why have you seen that they all have internal parasites in their droppings? (your words:))

What type of worms are you seeing? Photos?
How old are these birds?

I'm not trying to argue with you but if you are seeing worms in the poop, then you have an overload and the method(s) you have been using are not adequate. I do understand wanting to use natural treatment methods, but it's best to address the problem now with the correct type of medications so your birds can recover quickly and damage is minimized.

For most worms that chickens have, you can use Fenbendazole (Safeguard). Dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally for 5 days in a row.

If you are seeing Tapeworms, then use Praziquantel. Dosing is in this link.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...rms-under-construction.1220309/#post-19519143

Last edited:
But none of these are Natural ways to deworm i dont want to inject or give them medication i prefer natural
All the natural stuff is fine for attempting to prevent issues along with proper care but once you have a problem it’s usually too late for the mild effects of natural remedies. You also have to take into account the overall strength of your chickens. More often than not chickens are ridiculously inbred with weak immune systems so you’re really kicking the can down the road and just allowing your birds to become weaker and sickly.

All the natural stuff is fine for attempting to prevent issues along with proper care but once you have a problem it’s usually too late for the mild effects of natural remedies. You also have to take into account the overall strength of your chickens. More often than not chickens are ridiculously inbred with weak immune systems so you’re really kicking the can down the road and just allowing your birds to become weaker and sickly.
I feel like yall don't like to use natural remedies because other threads I've read talk about all the benifits and why to do it but here im getting comments that don't use Natural Remedies. I was just asking if anyone knew the right ratio to serve in 1 gallon of chiken water. If you do research most of chiken owners love to use there ingredients this is the first time I've heard that nobody liked using them. i guess it depends how a person takes care of their chikens their own ways

I feel like yall don't like to use natural remedies because other threads I've read talk about all the benifits and why to do it but here im getting comments that don't use Natural Remedies. I was just asking if anyone knew the right ratio to serve in 1 gallon of chiken water. If you do research most of chiken owners love to use there ingredients this is the first time I've heard that nobody liked using them. i guess it depends how a person takes care of their chikens their own ways
Hang around for awhile and pay close attention to who’s saying what. A lot of people have no idea what they’re talking about. It’s up to you to decide who’s advice to take. Look at their birds, how long they’ve had them, ages etc.. I use ACV, vitamins, probiotics etc.. I don’t even worm my birds because my soil type isn’t a problem. Each persons climate and soil makes a huge difference along with how they keep and what kind of chickens.

Ive been givimg my chicks acv for cocci at least 3 days a week .I put one water feeder eith probiotic every day and one with ACV every other day...otherwise it has electrolites. I readits important when they are young to get their digestive systems going and accustomed to good flaura. Ive even given them some yogurt already...they loved it!

All of these natural items are more preventative that need to be used in conjunction with proper care like preventing over crowding, keeping the bedding dry, etc.. They aren’t magic. There’s a few camps of people here. Some like to doctor chickens for the helluva it, some like the natural approach and some barely take care of them at all.

Back
Top Bottom