Adding another species to my list...

So sorry to hear this......do what you have to do to protect your livestock....I also belive if the government doesn't want you to kill these birds of prey etc...then they ought to be made to pay for our livestock....bet they would have a change of heart then...

Last edited:
Just recently my daughter's chicken pasted away by a possum, after hours of holding my daughter.. all I could think of was to blast that ugly possum for taking away our loving pet and for breaking my daughter's heart. I truely know how it feels, sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss. We lost 2 this summer and it's always hard. I have a slightly different view of predators, in my opinion they have as much right to be there as I do (more so really). Why move to where the wild things are if you are going to kill anything that gets close to your house. I feel for your loss but I love wildlife, the real stuff and not that in the city down at the park hoop-la. Large predators are running out of land daily.....because we buy up every slot of it in the interest of getting back to nature, just as long as that nature stays outside the fence. We shouldn't just kill everything that has crossed our paths without consideration, they are starving and just looking to survive as well. And yes, I lost my 2 favorite chickens this year to predators but I cannot begrudge the hawks/foxes a meal as well because I really enjoy living amongst them. I take the precautions to protect my livestock but sometimes they get one over on me and I don't kill them for it. Just my 2 cents...

Back
Top Bottom