adding chicks to an existing flock

I am also at a loss as to getting my new babies and the 3 older ones adjusted to each other?? I have 1 glw and 2 black ones(thought they were wyondottes as well,not sure after seeing other pics?) these 3 are 2 yrs old..Trying to figure out the best way to introduce 4 RIR that are almost 8weeks and getting tooo big for the cage they are in.(they have been in our bath room in a huge dog kennel since 1week old) Should I take out the RIR's in the kennel to the play yard??leave em in the kennel? do this everyday? for how long? The RIR's were in the kennel w/2 SLW,of the same age,as of today the SLW will go to a new home as they are Roo's..So sad,as they are soo sweet n I want to keep them but cant as we CANT have roo's..How long b4 I can let the RIR's out w/the older girls?????? What do I watch for?????? look for????? Any help is appreciated,this is all new to us..Another question..When we got the wyondottes 2 yrs ago,they said they had all the "immunizations" The same for the RIR's...is there anything else I need to give them?? Or do??? They get the special feed for baby chicks..The older girls get different feed,when can they all eat the same feed?? Thanks for your help..

nice run,like your set up Joker,,those look an awful lot like postal tubs are those your nesting boxes?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom