Adding first Rooster to established Egg Laying Flock - Buff Orptingon named Sunny Boy

TampaBK

In the Brooder
Nov 14, 2015

Sunny Boy aka Sunshine is a 6 month Old BO. Our girls were already 1.5 years old when we got him and this is our first Rooster. He is still discovering his own talents and right now is still getting beat up by all the girls. He is pretty much afraid of everything, but he is getting more comfortable, beginning to sneak up behind the girls to try to mate with them. He has still not figured out how to crow, but I hear it is only a matter of time. He has been a great addition to our family so far, and looking forward to watching him grow into the King of the Flock!

Update on Sunny Boy. He is doing great now and has his crow and control of the flock include three additional BR's. He never shows aggression to my kids or any people, but he won't really let us near him, which is sad because he looks so cuddly. All in all, after 4 more months from my first post about him, he is the best rooster we could have hoped for.

What a handsome fellow, Sunny Boy is!
love.gif
Thanks for sharing.

welcome-byc.gif

Glad it's all working out well, he sure is a good looking guy!

Back
Top Bottom