Adding More Chickens

Yes all but my one retired hen lay. Yes the sleep in it, no there’s probably not enough room, it was a big mistake to listen to the ad which claimed space for up to 15 hens.... I’m working on something bigger right now, I hope you understand :)
I do understand, I just was hoping the fact that they are laying and being productive would be enticing to the overlords to improve your coop. Ha ha. I love what you have done with the resources you have. And hey we all have learned a bunch and made changes the second time around.

If your chickens only sleep in their coop and go in to lay eggs how much space do you need for 10 chickens. I have the medium overEZ coop with 7 chickens and they seem fine. They free range all day go in to lay then in at night to sleep.

;) If your chickens only sleep in their coop and go in to lay eggs how much space do you need for 10 chickens. I have the medium overEZ coop with 7 chickens and they seem fine. They free range all day go in to lay then in at night to sleep.
I wouldn’t recommend that, chickens do need their space even if it’s only for a short while. But I’m not you, so just do as you wish

Have you considered making the run part of your coop, similar to this idea? Just add three solid sides (a 4th removable side for winter?), a roof, some roosts and nesting boxes. That way your coop and run don't have to compromise each other on floor space. Someone else might have mentioned this but I wasn't sure if this was what they meant.

1615340048134.png

Have you considered making the run part of your coop, similar to this idea? Just add three solid sides (a 4th removable side for winter?), a roof, some roosts and nesting boxes. That way your coop and run don't have to compromise each other on floor space. Someone else might have mentioned this but I wasn't sure if this was what they meant.

View attachment 2563064
Good idea. I have thought of it but haven’t figured out a way to make it happen since I lack all building skills Required :gig

Good idea. I have thought of it but haven’t figured out a way to make it happen since I lack all building skills Required :gig
I would come help you if I could! With our knowledge combined we could do...something! Plus I really do like your set up. It looks so nice with rich stimulation and what not. I know that’s not helpful with expanding though!

I LOVE your coop set up!! I would probably not add as many as 11 though. You would definitely need a lot more room if you were to go that route. It's been awhile since I've had chickens though I've been on a duck kick lately:)

I think you could fit about 3 or 4 more. If you move some stuff in there you could probably fit more. I LOVE your coop!!!

Back
Top Bottom