Adding More Chickens

Pics

CHlCKEN

Addict
Jun 21, 2020
Tennessee
My Coop
My Coop
I have 220 square foot chicken run, which currently houses 7 hens. Do the math, and I could potentially add 11 more (assuming I build a larger coop outside of the run and clear the space inside) hens giving them about 12 square feet each. I just want opinions on the idea, I’m curious as to wether or not it would work.

Here is my run (currently with a coop and a few things inside taking up space)
DACCDD7C-D798-4992-B8E9-F192ADE16BE2.jpeg

I think the chicken run looks plenty full as is. They have plenty of room to move around and get away from each other. Could you "fit" more. Probably. But they would look lke they were packed in there like sardines.
I 100% agree, I think I could add 2 or 3 more. I plan to perhaps build a run sun table for 20-30 hens anyway, so it would make more sense to do that rather than to pack them all in.

I think the chicken run looks plenty full as is. They have plenty of room to move around and get away from each other. Could you "fit" more. Probably. But they would look lke they were packed in there like sardines.
Thanks, yes. I figure if I take out the coop I have, and build a larger one, then I could add maybe 3 more hens, because there is so much room in the back.

Back
Top Bottom