adding some more quails

Roosu

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 21, 2014
i have 2 female button quails i want to add 2 more but i am afraid that they might hurt each other or might even kill each other

i am not sure how to introduce them to each other i was thinking to buy a rabbit cage or something like that and put a wire in the middle so they can see each other after 2 weeks or so i can remove the wire and see how that goes and after that they will go back to their hutch.

would this work or is there a better way to introduce them to each other?

in my experience i have added only young ones to the older ones. this is what i did: i have a cage for them, kind of like a chicken tractor, those triangle ones. we made it ourselves. very easy and cheap. we had 7 female and 2 males that were about 6 months old and we added 20 of 2 week olds. and they didnt have a problem at all! i think if they have space they will be just fine :) but having a back up plan wouldn't hurt.

Cages next to each other in full view for a week or two. Add all the birds to a cage or enclosure that none have ever been in or there will be territorial disputes. Sometimes they aren't too bad but usually most quail will defend their territory with their life, because they don't understand that you don't run out of feed. They believe that they need their space and their food to survive and will not be willing to share.

Back
Top Bottom