Adding to my flock

The flock I'm trying to add to only has 4 in it 2 about 7months and 2 that are at POL but I have 2 others in a smaller coop that I want to add to them that are roughly 9 months old and 2 on the way that are just at POL themselves so not really a big age diffrence

The flock I'm trying to add to only has 4 in it 2 about 7months and 2 that are at POL but I have 2 others in a smaller coop that I want to add to them that are roughly 9 months old and 2 on the way that are just at POL themselves so not really a big age diffrence
You should be fine adding them all in at once, then. :) You may want to do a more gradual introduction first, by having the new chickens in a dog crate in the coop or run for a day or two, or you could just set them in.
:)

Last edited:
I already own 2 of the hens I want to add I've had them in a separate coop For a few months I'm just looking to put all in to one coop as I'm running out of space in my garden lol

I already own 2 of the hens I want to add I've had them in a separate coop For a few months I'm just looking to put all in to one coop as I'm running out of space in my garden lol

Ah, okay, I see. You could let them range together where there is "running room" to get away from each other, if you're able to let them out of their pens. Then, they can go in together and some of the pecking order would have been worked out while on range. It's going to be a struggle, but hopefully, not too bad.

Just brought home a new roo yesterday. He is in a coop alone on the opposite side of the house. Cant even see our girls. Plan on quarantining for 4-6 weeks. Honestly I haven't read through all of the posts but any quick tips on what to look for and how to make the transition easier for him? He was free range before and there is just too many dangerous wildlife where I live to do that but in trade for that we have a plenty big run and plan on making it bigger with additions and no competition for the 11 ladies. He was one of 7 roosters! He looks healthy couldn't see any signs of mites or lice but I'm new to this. He is a day younger than our flock.

Back
Top Bottom