ADHD Support Group

Pics

jnicholes

Free Ranging
7 Years
Feb 16, 2017
Dietrich, Idaho
So, I am attempting to start a group on this part of the Forum for all those here who have ADHD.

I figured that since each ADHD brain is different, I figured we that have ADHD could share techniques that help us, and help each other with our ADHD.

HOWEVER, Since each brain is different, what works for one person may not work for another. Keep this in mind.

So, let me introduce myself, My name is Jared, and I have ADHD. Currently, the best thing that helps me is listening to classical music. I am still experimenting with this, though.

I admit, I do struggle with my ADHD. It’s a hassle.

Keep in mind, I am not posting this to get help for myself. I am starting this to see if anyone with ADHD needs support from others with ADHD.

This is a real problem in the world. We need to help each other.

I invite anyone who has ADHD, or anyone who wants to learn more about ADHD, or anyone who needs help with ADHD to post.

Jared

So, I am attempting to start a group on this part of the Forum for all those here who have ADHD.

I figured that since each ADHD brain is different, I figured we that have ADHD could share techniques that help us, and help each other with our ADHD.

HOWEVER, Since each brain is different, what works for one person may not work for another. Keep this in mind.

So, let me introduce myself, My name is Jared, and I have ADHD. Currently, the best thing that helps me is listening to classical music. I am still experimenting with this, though.

I admit, I do struggle with my ADHD. It’s a hassle.

Keep in mind, I am not posting this to get help for myself. I am starting this to see if anyone with ADHD needs support from others with ADHD.

This is a real problem in the world. We need to help each other.

I invite anyone who has ADHD, or anyone who wants to learn more about ADHD, or anyone who needs help with ADHD to post.

Jared

Hi. I like the idea of your thread. I don't have ADHD, but someone in the family does. I won't contribute much to this thread, but if it is alright with you I would like to watch this thread.

Hi. I like the idea of your thread. I don't have ADHD, but someone in the family does. I won't contribute much to this thread, but if it is alright with you I would like to watch this thread.

That's fine. You're more than welcome to just watch and read the thread. Who knows? You may get some ideas to help your family member.

Today, I am going to see if a friend of mine can help me with an experiment. He is a chess player, and as you all might know, chess takes a LOT of focus. To top it all off, its hard for me to focus with ADHD.

Im going to see if we can play some games with no change in helping me focus. Then, I am going to play games with him, but this time I'll have something in the background, like music, to help me focus.

This is the experiment. I read somewhere and was told that having something in the background helps a person with ADHD to focus. I am trying it out.

Jared

I don't have ADHD, nor do I know anyone with it, but I just wanted to pop in and wish you all luck with your condition. The condition also interests me, as I intend to go into nursing, and studying the body and its physical and mental conditions fascinates me.
I might not say much of anything, but I'll be keeping up with this thread and following your conversations.
Love, luck, and prayers to you all. :hugs

Last edited:
It probably just got buried under the other threads. Maybe now that people are posting again people will see it.

And it keeps getting buried because nobody is interested in it! I am trying to start a group that will help people with ADHD, but its not working. It keeps getting buried because people skim over it to the threads they are interested in!

Nobody is posting, so nobody is interested.

Face it, I failed.

I am abandoning this thread.

And it keeps getting buried because nobody is interested in it! I am trying to start a group that will help people with ADHD, but its not working. It keeps getting buried because people skim over it to the threads they are interested in!

Nobody is posting, so nobody is interested.

Face it, I failed.

I am abandoning this thread.
Just because people aren’t posting doesn’t mean you failed. It can take a while for threads to get started sometimes. I’ve had some that barely received any posts for weeks or months and then all of a sudden took off.

It doesn’t mean you failed or that no one is interested in the thread and it is nothing personal towards you. You can’t look at it like that. Just keep posting and somebody will see it and be interested.

People probably just didn’t see it before. There weren’t any posts for days so it probably didn’t even show up on the recent posts list. Now that we are posting so much it will be right at the top and be seen.

Threads get buried in minutes or even seconds sometimes on here because there are sooooo many users and they are always posting new posts. So if it’s on the second page or not on the list at all it won’t be seen but now it will be.

Also, you can’t look at it as you failing or take it so personally. I used to do the same thing or care about reaction scores here or “likes” and such on other social media sites or whatever but the fact of the matter is that this is just the internet and likes, replies, all that stuff doesn’t matter in the long run. And it most definitely is NOT a reflection of your self worth or a failure on your part or anything like that. It usually just means it didn’t get seen for whatever reason. It’s not anything personal I guarantee. I think that you should keep trying because there are lots of people on here that would love this thread I am sure. But if not, it is not the end of the world. I used to think like that. The doom and gloom thing and be so caught up online and I still sometimes struggle with it but it is not healthy.

Back
Top Bottom